We are fortunate to have gorgeous weather here on the Central Coast year-round. However, if you think that makes us forget what season it is, that simply isn’t true! Thanks to the plethora of fall activities and attractions available throughout the season, there are plenty of ways to get into the spirit of autumn around SLO County. As your SLO County real estate agent, I’d like to share some of them with you!
- Monarch butterflies are back in SLO County! You might even see them fluttering around the beach. The Monarch Grove Grand Opening Celebration took place on Oct. 22. You can now visit the Butterfly Grove in Pismo Beach through February, with the next event called ‘A Brush with the Butterflies’ on Nov. 5.
- Farm-to-table food is great in SLO County, but how about taking it a step further and picking the food straight from the trees? You can do this when apple picking! Avila Valley Barn has U-Pick apples, along with pies made from scratch, hot apple cider and more. There are plenty of other u-pick farms in the area as well. If you’d rather drink your apples, head to Bristols Cider House in Atascadero for a craft hard cider!
- SLO County is full of pumpkins this time of year as well! You’ve got plenty of opportunities to purchase them, decorate them or just celebrate them with a day of fun. Pumpkins on the Pier takes place Oct. 29, which includes pumpkin decorating, costume contests, games, crafts and bounce houses.
- The Cambria Scarecrow Festival kicked off earlier this month and runs through Halloween. This free fest features more than 500 scarecrows stationed throughout Cambria. Take a stroll and enjoy the quirky, unique and originally crafted scarecrows made from burlap, pool noodles and everything in between. Bring your camera for fun photos!
- What’s fall without a maze to get lost in? There are several fall corn mazes to choose from in SLO County, such as the 7-acre maze at Brookshire Farms in SLO, the corn maze at River K Pumpkin Patch in Paso Robles, a hay maze at Avila Valley Barn and more.
What is your favorite fall activity on the Central Coast? Share by leaving a comment!
If Halloween activities are what you seek, check out last week’s blog posts about where to celebrate Halloween in SLO County and Monterey County. As your Central Coast real estate agent, I am here to fill you in on local events, and to help you with all of your Central Coast real estate market needs! Contact me anytime.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.