Petting Zoo and more in Salinas, CA
Are you familiar with the town of Salinas, CA in Monterey County? Salinas is most famous for being the home of John Steinbeck and the National Steinbeck Center Museum. Salinas also hosts some great events throughout the year, such as the California Rodeo Salinas and the California International Airshow.
Salinas is also a place full of family-friendly options on the Central Coast! As a Monterey County real estate agent, I’d like to fill you in on where you could take your family for some group fun, especially if you need a change of pace from the usual family fun spots! See Monterey recently shared a list of five places for the family to go. Here’s that list, with much more detailed information about each one!
1. The National Steinbeck Center is fun for the whole family, even if your kids have no idea who John Steinbeck was. They’ll learn soon enough while checking out the multi-sensory exhibits, the seven themed theaters, rare artifacts and more. Meanwhile, you’ll learn more about this famous author who lived right in Salinas. Then, take home a gift from the Museum Store.
2. ‘The Farm’ is an agricultural center and local farming business. While you can purchase fresh organic produce there, you can also take farm tours and enjoy fun activities and attractions, such as tractor rides and a petting zoo. Events coming up include Honey Day on Sept. 24, Tuesday and Wednesday Story Time Sept. 27 and 28, Monday Pizza Days and more.
3. When you need to sit back and relax, bring the kids to Tatum’s Garden. The playground will take care of your kids’ activity for the day! It is a fully inclusive and accessible playground that any kid, with any special need or disability, may find play on. It includes a broccoli tree house, a celery slide, a rubber playground surface to run on and so much more. It’s like nothing you’ve seen before!
4. The Monterey Zoo is actually in Salinas on a 51-acre ranch! It is home to more than 100 wild, exotic and domestic birds and animals that are often used in film, television, live productions and more. Many of the animals were saved from less-than-ideal situations. Families can take tours and participate in a slew of educational programs and special events!
5. The Western Stage hosts live performances as a regional theater company for youth and adults. There are numerous upcoming productions for adults to check out. While most of these shows are not suitable for children, they can join the YOU*Theatre programs available for kids, which offer acting and technical theatre classes, workshops and performances.
Enjoy a family-friendly outing in Salinas, or anywhere in Monterey County or SLO County. Where is your family’s favorite place to go together in the Central Coast region? Share by leaving a comment!
Is your family ready to relocate to the Central Coast, or to buy or sell a home this fall? Contact me, your Central Coast real estate agent! I am here to help you out.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.