If you’re considering buying a home on Lake Nacimiento in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch this year, chances are you’d like the home buying process to move as quickly as possible. You may be envisioning spending part of the holidays enjoying your Lake Nacimiento home with family and friends, whether it’s a permanent residence or just a weekend getaway.
So, what are some of the ways you can help the home buying process move along more quickly? Below are eight key things you can do that will help speed up the process and have you settled into your new home just in time for the upcoming holiday season. Take a look!
1. Start Your Search Online- Instead of spending your time searching for open houses or for sale signs, get online to streamline your search. There are many great homes in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch which you can view online.
2. Get Pre-Approved- Finding the home of your dreams and then shopping for a loan is a risky move, as most home sellers won’t even look at an offer that’s not accompanied by a pre-approval letter. Getting pre-approved ensures you know your exact budget and can save you from a bidding war if many are vying for the same home.
3. Look for Motivated Sellers- Again, this shouldn’t be hard to find motivated sellers in the fall since they’re more than likely wanting to sell before the holidays. Don’t settle for sellers who aren’t willing to budge on a home at the top of your price range; there are too many other great Lake Nacimiento homes out there that will have motivated sellers.
4. Prioritize Your Housing Needs- Finding a home fast means being flexible. The longer the list of requirements, the harder it will be to find a home. Keep your list short and to the point. Focus on the key elements you’re looking for and let the extras fall as they may.
5. Find a Great Agent- This may seem easy, but finding an agent that truly knows the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and can show your properties that are right in your price range and meet your style and needs can be challenging. Of course, I’d love to help you in your home search and know that my experience and proven success will make the home buying process an easy one. Bottom line? Do your homework and really research local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agents.
6. Negotiate Repairs- If an inspection reveals that the home you want to buy requires repairs, taking the responsibility off the seller can help you close the deal quicker. After obtaining estimates, ask the seller for a credit rather than asking them to complete the repairs themselves.
7. Have Cash Ready for Closing- You don’t want to be scrambling for funds at the last minute, so be prepared for this important date. A day or two before closing on your Lake Nacimiento home, you’ll get the final settlement statement, detailing the terms of your loan and all the closing costs. Be sure to get a certified or cashier’s check made out for the total amount you owe at closing, including the down payment since you can’t use a personal check.
8. Have a Plan B- Because not every transaction goes smoothly, be sure you have a property or two as a backup; you don’t want to have to start from scratch!
Buying a Lake Nacimiento home does not have to be a long, drawn out process! You’ll just want to be sure to do some prep work before you get started and find a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent who has experience in dealing with the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market.
If you have been hoping to find a vacation home or place where you can settle in permanently on Lake Nacimiento, let me know! I’d be happy to talk with you about your needs, lifestyle and budget and show you some of the homes currently for sale on Lake Nacimiento.
I look forward to helping you find your next home just in time to enjoy it for the holidays!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!