If you’re planning a long Labor Day weekend celebration on the Central Coast, you’ve come to the right place! As your Central Coast real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on what events and activities are happening in the area. Attend the ones that sound most fun to you and enjoy the unofficial end to the summer season!
Many locals choose to hang out at Lake Nacimiento or Lake San Antonio over the holiday weekend, so expect crowds. But what better way to celebrate summer than with a boat ride, water sports, fishing, swimming, floating, barbecuing, camping and socializing with family and friends at the lake? Our Central Coast beaches are the next best thing for some salt water fun!
Here are some more great ideas for Labor Day weekend:
- Start your weekend off with the Paso Robles Classic Car Weekend on Sept. 1-2 at Downtown City Park! Check out the pre-1979 classic cars cruising Friday night and showing in the park on Saturday. More than 300 cars are expected for this event, so if classic cars are your thing, this is the place to be!
- Sept. 2, head to Vince DiMaggio Park in Marina, CA for a Labor Day Parade & Festival! The parade will begin at 11 a.m. and run until 12:30 p.m. along Reservation Road. It’ll feature military color guard, marching bands, horses, classic cars, dancers and more. After the parade, enjoy live music, food and fun at the festival until 4 p.m.
- Labor Day Art in the Park takes place in Morro Bay Sept 2-4. Head to City Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day to browse the work of artists and artisans in a variety of mediums, and purchase art to showcase in your Central Coast home if you feel so inclined!
- Catch some live music in a park this weekend! You’ve got plenty of options. Head to Concerts in the Plaza in SLO on Friday, the Sizzlin’ Sunday Summer Concerts in Grover Beach or the Village Summer Concert Series in Arroyo Grande on Sunday, and Beer at the Pier Concert in Los Osos/Baywood Park on Monday. Numerous wineries are also hosting live weekend throughout the weekend.
- Monterey County Fair is running from Aug. 30 to Sept. 4! Head to the Monterey County Fair & Event Center for some old-fashioned, family-friendly fun. There will be carnival rides, livestock exhibits, live music and entertainment, delicious food and everything else you expect to find at a county fair!
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend on the Central Coast, no matter what you decide to do. When ready to accomplish your Central Coast real estate market goals this coming fall, contact me, your Central Coast real estate agent! I am here and ready to guide you through the buying or selling process, or both! There is no better time to accomplish your real estate goals than now.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.