What are your plans for Memorial Day weekend in Central California? As your Central California real estate agent, I’ve gathered the details on numerous events and activities taking place over the long holiday weekend coming up. Mark your calendar and get out and enjoy the beautiful Central California weather!
- Cycling enthusiasts unite at this year’s Great Western Bike Rally, a four-day festival in Paso Robles! From Friday through Monday, there are numerous biking excursions taking place around Central California, along with biking competitions, wine and cheese feasts, food trucks and so much more. You can camp at the Paso Robles Fairgrounds for all four days if you’d like to turn it into a staycation!
- Art in the Park / Spring Show takes place Friday through Sunday of this weekend in Morro Bay, where you can view and purchase artwork of all modalities, which will feature spring themes. This is a great opportunity to add some local decorating flair to your Central California home! Proceeds support the SMART Grant, benefiting SLO County high school art classes.
- It’s an artsy weekend in Central California! Paso Artsfest also takes place this weekend, on Saturday, with a festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Downtown City Park. It includes an outdoor fine arts show and sale, a wet painting sale and charity auction, a local stars quick draw, a kids’ art smart zone, and a hands-on CREATEspace for teens and adults, so there is something for everyone in the family!
- The 22nd Annual Avila Beach Blues Festival takes place on Sunday! Relax right on Avila Beach to enjoy Blues performances by Bonnie Raitt, JJ Grey & Mofro, and Shemekia Copeland. Gates open at noon. Tickets are available to purchase ahead of time or at the event.
- California Roots Music & Arts Festival takes place Friday through Sunday at the Monterey County Fair & Event Center! This three-day event’s schedule is loaded with live musical performances, local food, beverages, artwork and sustainable practices.
- Head to the Barnyard Shopping Village in Carmel for the Barnyard Food, Wine & Beer Celebration on Saturday from noon to 4 p.m.! This event includes international cuisine from local restaurants, over 50 wines and craft beers, beautiful Barnyard gardens, live music, a silent auction, raffles and more!
- MayFest in Monterey Bay takes place Saturday through Monday at Custom House Plaza from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day, and it’s free! This includes local food, beer, wine and live music all day on all three days. This is the first MayFest in Monterey, so be one of the first to check out the array of international food and beers while listening to singers and bands.
Enjoy one of these events in SLO County or Monterey County, or just head to Lake Nacimiento for a weekend of fishing, boating, hiking, picnicking, camping and more! The Oak Shores Club House is hosting a Memorial Day Fundraiser BBQ on Sunday from 6 to 8 p.m.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.