Today begins a new month in Central California, which means a whole new month full of events and activities to enjoy around the region! Don’t let the winter blues get you down, especially when you live in a place as warm, sunny and beautiful as Central California.
As your Central California real estate agent, I’ve put together a list of events taking place this first week and weekend in the area. Gather your friends or family members and head out to enjoy one of these activities! Who knows, you might make some new friends along the way.
1. Take one of Firestone Walker Brewing Co.’s new brewery tours! The Union Tour is available Saturdays at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. and Sundays at 11 a.m. Cost is $15 per person and includes behind-the-scenes views of the brewhouse and the highly-regarded barrel aging room, four different beer samples, and a Firestone Walker snifter glass to take home.
2. On Feb. 6, head to the Oak Shores Community Club House for a Native American rain ceremony! Alan “Spirit Hawk” Salazar, a Chumash spiritual leader, will lead the ceremony, which gives thanks for the rain that the Central California region has received thus far, and asks for more to be sent. This is also a potluck, so bring food to share and your own drinks! RSVP to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Fathers, or father figures, can gather up their daughters and enjoy a night out together at the Father Daughter Dance in Atascadero on Feb. 5 or 6! This semi-formal evening will be loaded with music, dancing, refreshments, desserts, photos and more. It is recommended for daughters ages 12 and under. Tickets cost $25, which include two people. Additional people are $5 per ticket.
4. Later in the day on Feb. 6, head to Studios on the Park in Paso Robles for Art After Dark Paso! This takes place on the first Saturday evening of every month. It’s a great excuse to get out and enjoy art, wine from Thomas Hill Vineyards and live music from The Turkey Buzzards. If you’re new to the area, it’s a great way to meet your neighbors!
5. Watch the Super Bowl at a local watch party! There are numerous parties taking place in Monterey County, including Knuckles Super Bowl Party beginning at 11 a.m., Peter B’s Pigskin Palooza beginning at 2 p.m., Esteban Restaurant Viewing Party beginning at 3 p.m., and numerous other sports bars in the area. Make reservations ahead of time! The game takes place on Feb. 7.
Enjoy the first week of February, and when you’re ready to buy a Central California home, or ready to sell your Central California home, or both, contact me! As a Central California real estate agent, I believe there is no better time than the beginning of a month to get you into gear toward your dreams!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.