The month of May has begun, and with it comes a whole new slew of events and activities around Central California! As your Central California real estate agent, I’ve put together a random list of events taking place this month at wineries, Lake Nacimiento and farmer’s markets in the area. Mark your calendar and enjoy the month!
1. This Saturday, May 9, is the 19th annual Kids Fishing Derby at Oak Shores! You can pre-register your kids from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday evening, or from 6 to 6:45 a.m. on Saturday morning. A pre-fishing meeting will take place from 6:50 to 7 a.m., and launch takes place at 7 a.m. Fishing will go until noon, and then a weigh-in will occur. Entry fee is only $2 per child, which includes lunch at 1 p.m. Prizes and awards will be given to all participants. Volunteers are needed!
2. Tuesday, May 12, is the next Rhone Rangers HOT TUESDAY! This time, Mourvedre will be featured and tasted at Brecon Estate from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Twenty-one wineries will take place! Enjoy your favorite Mourvedre paired with small bites and artisan cheese while listening to live music and visiting the educational table. Cost is $25.
3. A Murder Mystery Winemaker Dinner takes place May 15 in the Barrelroom at Broken Earth Winery in Paso Robles! You’ll get to enjoy a five-course meal and fine wines alongside a cast of characters. Watch as the winemaker becomes the fallen victim, and you must help figure out “who done it” among those in the room. 1940’s attire is highly suggested! This takes place from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tickets cost $95 or $75 for wine club members.
4. Derby Wine Estates has a new Friday Night Music Series every Friday night during May! From 5:30 to 9 p.m., you can join them on their patio for wines by the glass, traditional barbecue from Derby Smokehouse, and live music by a different singer or band each week. Wine glasses are discounted to $7 for red wine and $5 for white.
5. Ancient Peaks Winery and Must! Charities are teaming up together to host a Benefit Concert on May 17 at Santa Margarita Ranch. Enjoy music from The JD Project from 1 to 4 p.m., along with food from the Haute Skillet food truck, and wine tasting and glass/bottle purchases from Ancient Peaks. Entry fee is a $5 donation, and guests are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets for the Estrada Gardens.
6. May 28, head to the SLO Downtown Farmer’s Market for a Block Party from 6 to 9 p.m.! The theme is energy-efficient living. There will be an alternative fuels car show, energy consultations, solar companies, sustainable home showcase and more. There will also be a drop-off for your small e-waste, such as ink cartridges, cell phones and cameras.
Have fun this month in Central California, and if you’d still like to sell your Central California home, or buy a Central California home, contact me, your Central California real estate agent! The Central California real estate market was named as one of the hottest markets for buyers and sellers this spring, so take advantage!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.