As your Central California real estate agent, I recently shared with you why to spend the holidays in SLO County, and the best winter activities to partake in around Central California. Today, I’d like to shine a spotlight on some of Monterey County’s best holiday events!
Mark your calendars and plan to get into a festive spirit with one or many of these upcoming holiday events around Monterey County:
- Ice Skating By The Bay. It doesn’t matter what the temperature is in Central California this winter. You can still enjoy outdoor ice skating as a festive holiday activity at Custom House Plaza. It transforms into a winter wonderland, staring this Friday. Admission costs $12 for adults and $10 for kids.
- Cannery Row Holiday Tree Lighting. Head up to Cannery Row on Friday, Nov. 28, for the Holiday Tree Lighting from 5 to 8 p.m. First, head to Steinbeck Plaza for Christmas carolers, balloon artists, reindeer and more. Santa arrives at 6 p.m. to switch on the lights on the 25-foot holiday tree.
- Salinas Holiday Parade of Lights. On Sunday, Nov. 30, bring the whole family to Salinas for family fun, beginning at 6 p.m. The parade attracts over 10,000 spectators, so find a spot early along Main Street. The parade features bands, floats, dancers, classic cars and more, all lit up for the holidays. Beforehand, kids can enjoy festive activities in the Kids Zone.
- Pacific Grove Christmas Tree Lighting. Waiting until December to start celebrating the holidays? So is Pacific Grove! Head there on Dec. 1, from 5:30 to 8 p.m., for their old-fashioned Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Jewell Park. Then visit Santa’s Christmas Party at Chautauaqua Hall, where there will be refreshments, live entertainment by local school bands, and a dance show.
- Christmas at the Inns. Return to Pacific Grove on either Dec. 2 or 3 for Christmas at the Inns from 6 to 9 p.m.! Ten of the town’s local inns deck their halls for the holidays and invite guests in for live music, holiday treats and all-around, old-fashioned holiday cheer. Admission is $20 and tickets are limited, so reserve yours today!
- Santa’s Fly-In. Nowhere else will you and your family get to watch Santa and Mrs. Claus fly in from the North Pole by helicopter. They will do just that on Dec. 13 at 10:30 a.m.! Watch as they fly into Carmel Valley Village Airfield and then board their sleigh for the parade through Carmel Valley Village. The parade includes horses, autos, a train and more.
For more holiday events in Monterey County, view this full list from See Monterey. Enjoy this festive holiday season in Central California, and when you’re ready to achieve you real estate goals in the Monterey County real estate market, you know who to call! As a Central California real estate agent, I’d love to help!
From Grace Borzini