Back when the rains first started here in Central California, I put together a list of rainy day activities to enjoy in Central California. Since the rains continue to fall, I’ve decided that maybe sharing that list was good luck! So, as your Central California real estate agent, I’d like to share more activities for you enjoy while it’s raining in the area. Although there are tons of things to do outdoors, there are plenty to enjoy indoors as well.
1. Explore new businesses. Do you always shop or dine at the same businesses in your Central California town? Branch out and stop into a new business! Mistura, a Peruvian restaurant, just opened in Paso Robles. Most of the produce, and all of the fish and meats, come from local sources. Popular dishes include ceviche, sea bass and gelato. Check it out!
2. Create an artistic masterpiece. Find your inner artist at Art Bar SLO. There you will receive step-by-step instructions by local artists on how to paint. Choose a painting you like from the website, and then learn how to paint it on the scheduled day. Your first glass of wine is complimentary and more drinks and appetizers are available to purchase. This could make a great holiday gift!
3. Play inside. There are plenty of ways to play and use up energy indoors. You could go bowling at Paso Bowl, Mustang Lanes or Pismo Beach Bowl. You could strengthen your arms and legs with 5,000 linear feet of climbing wall space at SLO Op. Or you could just go to your local gym and try a new workout class. Plenty of ways to stay active!
4. Go wine tasting. Anyone who lives in Central California knows that every day is a good wine tasting day. Local vineyards have indoor tasting rooms, so as long as you don’t mind driving in some wet conditions, pay them a visit! There is something very calming about sipping on wine while watching the rain fall on the fields of Central California vineyards. Just be sure to have a designated driver.
5. Get in the Christmas spirit at the Oak Shores Clubhouse! On Friday, enjoy the Christmas Lights Parade & Open House Social, where you’ll drive around the community and enjoy the neighbors’ lights. Saturday, enjoy a Meet & Greet with Santa, along with a potluck dinner, beginning at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, bring your pets over to the Clubhouse for photos with Santa from 11 a.m. to noon!
Enjoy and be grateful for the rain that Lake Nacimiento and Central California are receiving, continue to do your rain dances, and enjoy these indoor activities! When you’re ready to achieve your real estate goals in the Central California real estate market, contact me, your Central California real estate agent!
From Grace Borzini