Best Businesses in SLO County
Do you have a list of favorite businesses to visit in San Luis Obispo County when you want coffee, ice cream, an adult beverage, dinner, breakfast and so on? Do you have a favorite beach or hike that you recommend to your friends, or that you keep secret to avoid crowds?
Thrillist made their own list of SLO County stops that they most recommend, and as your SLO County real estate agent, I am here to share some of them with you. See if any of your favorite local attractions made the list!
1. For a summertime movie, head to Sunset Drive-In Theatre. Few drive-ins exist anymore, but this one only costs $8 for a double feature. Purchase some snacks, pack a picnic or order takeout. Then sit back and enjoy a couple of movies from your car or lawn chairs.
2. For coffee, Scout Coffee Shop is most recommended, serving coffee, cookies and more. The California Cold Brew is suggested with Scout’s homemade almond milk, or the Honey Tea Bowl for tea drinkers.
3. For tacos, stop by Papi’s Grill in Pismo Beach, which is a great, quick place to grab a bite while surfing or lounging on the beach. The halibut and shrimp tacos are recommended, with pico de gallo, shredded cabbage, beans and house-made tortillas.
4. Soak in a hot mineral springs at Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort and Spa. Even if you don’t stay at the resort, you can still purchase a spa package or just spend time in a private hot springs.
5. Old West Cinnamon Rolls is the place to go for breakfast. Choose from eight different takes on cinnamon rolls, from frosted and raisin, to almond or pecan. Steaming Bean Coffee and Tea Company is nearby and complements these cinnamon rolls well.
6. Central Coast Brewing is the place to stop for a pint. The beers are always changing and there are plenty of options. Try tasting-sized servings, fill a growler, sip on the patio, grab cans to go… lots of options.
7. Wolff Vineyards is Thrillist’s wine choice, as it is conveniently located just minutes from Downtown SLO. Enjoy $10 tastings, beautiful scenery and award-winning wines. Grab food at Mint + Craft on your way.
8. Madonna Mountain is recommended for day hiking, as there are trails for beginners and pros, short and long. Lemon Grove Loop is a fast one if you are short on time.
9. Pismo Beach is the beach of choice, with ATV rentals, kayaks, dive tours and surfing for high-energy folk, and plenty of warm sand for relaxed sunbathers. Hydrate with a smoothie from Virtjuice.
View all of Thrillist’s SLO County recommendations. Did your favorite business make the list? Leave a comment and share! If not, give a shout out to your favorite local business and share why they are your go-to.
Enjoy the rest of your summer on the Central Coast, and when ready to accomplish your Central Coast real estate market goals, contact me! As a Central Coast real estate agent, I am only a phone call away!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.